Sunday, May 27, 2007

One post for the whole weekend

Sorry I didn't say anything yesterday. For some reason I couldn't log on to my blog, but I don't think I had anything to say anyway. Some may question whether I ever do. Today the phones were working much better than normal, so I got to talk for with Kate on her drive home from church and I talked to each of my parents for 8 minutes on average. It was my mom's birthday, so I tried calling my dad's cell to catch them at lunch, but he was out and about. So I got to talk to him for 7 minutes until the line went dead, and then I called my mom and the phone worked for the whole 10 minutes that I am allowed for morale calls.

Other big events of the day: I got a new battery for the smoke detector in my room. It died about 10 days ago so I put the battery in my pocket as a reminder. I changed it from pocket to pocket about three times when I changed pants, so it wasn't the most effective of reminders in retrospect. Also finished reading "History of the English Speaking Peoples." I'm glad I got the abridged version because even though Churchill is a great writer I'm not the best reader and was starting to lose steam.

The "stop your pity party" thought of the day is I have two legs. One of our soldiers lost his on Saturday, but it looks like they saved his arm and there is a good chance that he will keep vision in at least one eye. So in spite of all the reasons I could find to complain, and trust me I'm the best at finding them, I'll pass tonight. Don't forget to pray for these guys out here, and also don't forget the ones who get to go home early.