Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The boss speaks

Most of today was spent in a meeting with the Division EWO who came down to rustic Rusty from the lap of luxury near Baghdad International. All of the Rusty EWO's got together and he had held a Q&A session that lasted well beyond its usefulness. Q&A sessions with the boss are nice to a point, but after about an hour people get to asking questions that the boss either can't or won't answer, so why not just go home early? I am glad to say that I was NOT the most combative questioner, and probable not even the second most. Not because I didn't have pointed questions to ask, but more because the other people asked them before I got a chance. Lest you think that I have softened out here in the war zone (besides softening around the middle thanks to KBR), my immediate boss did email me and the new chief that "we weren't nearly as good at sucking up as the previous two guys." I think that is a backhanded complement, or so I will continue to interpret it until specifically instructed otherwise.