Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A cold rainy day

Yes, I'm still in Baghdad, but it was overcast and cool today. If you close your eyes and develop amnesia, you could almost say the weather was pleasant. The best part about the rain is that it is a very cold rain, so you don't feel like your in the shower with your clothes on if you get caught outside walking back from the DFAC after dinner like Guam's rain which is so sticky I still have it on me from my last deployment. The cold rain mixed with the very warm exhaust from the tanks could almost make you feel like you are in Hawaii getting a little afternoon shower while the trades are blowing. That is probably a stretch, and I'm sure Kate will correct me and say that it is the Kona Winds that are warm, but you get the picture. Another plus is that it is normally dry and hot outside, so tomorrow it shouldn't feel like a sauna, unlike Guam which is not as hot but is figuratively a million times more humid. Look at that, will you. I've said several positive things about Baghdad uninterrupted by anything unpleasant about the Army. Aren't I a little ray of sunshine? Also note that I just said a cool day here was like a day on the beach in Hawaii.

It's barbecue night, and it is very hard to type while eating, so I'm signing off. I think I'll play a little Daniel Ho and go to bed. Aloha!