Saturday, April 28, 2007

Still keeping busy

For about the 3rd day in a row I have been busy! I had a meeting in the afternoon, and I know I did something this morning. Anyway, the days haven't really started dragging too much even though I'd still much rather be home. Mundane tasks can be distracting which is good.

Today at the hospital was the most exciting day so far. A guy came in with heat stroke. He was in pretty bad shape, but he would get better so it was not terrible. He had not drank enough water, so maybe the Drill Instructors at Fort Jackson were on to something with their ever present hydration charts. He also had been feeling sick to his stomach, so water wasn't the only answer. Bottom line is I will continue to drink more water than I think I need even if it is bowing in to peer pressure and propaganda.

Propaganda aside, it was really interesting to watch the guys I hang out with every night working together as a team. I would much rather get hurt as an American than as an Iraqi for sure.

No comments: