Sunday, April 22, 2007

Finicky Blog

I seem to have a persnickity blog sight. The last two posts I tried to allow comments, but when I posted them they were blank. I'll try again, but if you can't comment it is not because I have to have the last word; it is just a nice by-product.

Joke: A pastor was out visiting his parishoners and he knocked on a door. He heard rustling inside, but no one answered. After a couple of minutes, he slipped a note under the door that said "Revelation 3:20" and walked away. The next Sunday there was a note in the offering basket that said simply "Gen 3:10."

The chaplain had to explain it to us, but we all laughed which is not a give for the chaplain's jokes. Once again church was a real refresher. Having a critical mass of people to get together for worship is one thing you don't have on a submarine, and you just can't deny the value of fellowship. Even Lone Ranger had Tonto, and he was the LONE Ranger. I've probably said this before, but many chaplains are chaplains because they couldn't find a church that would take them. Our chaplain could give Schuppe a run for his money.

The other interesting happening at church was a loud boom outside, which for opsec purposes I will say sounded like someone dropping a VERY large something that makes a boom. Life went on. Probably safer in the chapel than in a bunker anyway.

No comments: