Saturday, April 14, 2007

280 is better than 370

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. The net has been down for the past 3 nights when I normally post. And tonight the phones are down, so I can't call home. Down seems to be a theme here recently. Many of the soldiers are pretty down since many of them got extended an extra 90 days with the SecDef's announcement on Tuesday. I'm suffering from the inter-service equivalent of white guilt since the Navy did not get extended. I feel really bad for these guys, and I almost feel bad that I am glad I didn't get extended. But I would feel worse if I had. So that's the big happenings here. We're not sure if 759th is going to get extended since the people relieving them have had well in excess of the SecDef's required 12 months at home. Even so, people are a bit on edge and expecting the worst. I don't say this often: Go Navy!