Friday, April 6, 2007

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday??

For some reason today feels like a Saturday. Don't ask me what distinguishes a Saturday from any other day, it just feels like Saturday. If I hadn't had steak and lobster for dinner, I wouldn't have known. Speaking of which, KBR has been continuing to do a great job feeding, even though I haven't commented on it much of late. Every day being Tuesday around here and being human, I start to take some things for granted (e.g. left feet), and I find myself doing that with the food also. Tonight the lobster was not the best (cue the sniffles and tears), but the steak was flavorful, tender, juicy, and free. I really ought to remember how good I have it more often. Speaking of left feet, it has been a bad week in our battalion for left lower extremities. A guy got shot in the left leg today, but wasn't too bad. It's easy for me to say not too bad since I don't have any bullet holes in me, but this one should heal.

The day confusion also continues among the local populace. These guys are really confused about a lot of stuff, and I think part of the big picture problem may stem from this. Anyway, these guys think you should go to church on Friday. Silly. Sillier still, whereas we would go to, say, Shoney's after church, these guys go out and fire assault rifles. That's a bit much even for Pentecostals. As I was walking outside today, there was a whole bunch of shooting going on outside the gate. No one but me seemed to notice, or maybe they all, like me, did not want to be the first one to suggest someone do something about it. After all, if you make the suggestion, you might be the one who has to do the something about it. I suppose it ended. I was walking outside for about 10 minutes and it was going on the whole time. It hadn't stopped by the time I went inside and couldn't hear it any more. The sermon must have been really good, or the service at Shoney's must have been really bad.