Friday, April 27, 2007

Running behind

I think this will be a short post tonight, but every time I think that I type forever. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days. Doing what? Well, today I had to make a map for a presentation and I spent in excess of 3 hours restarting the program on the computer because every time I was about done it would shut down. Some programs are only bought by the government for a reason. Google Earth is much better.

Today USNA finally came through. They had a luncheon for the wives of IA's, and it sounds like the bigs came. Half of me wants to be angry and say it's about time, but the other half is really thankful that the Navy even in its halting way tries to be supportive. I also got a letter from one the elders at our church with a book in it. I really could not find a better church back home, and even though I miss it, I am glad that my family has a support structure as wonderful as they do.

It's getting late. I had to spend about 45 minutes tonight trying to retrieve the map I made today (it is not impressive enough to justify a whole days work) because the server crashed. I could blame the everpresent Iraqi dust, but I'll choose to pin the computing difficulties on the Army. Anyway, it is a little later than normal, so I'm going to bed. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.