Saturday, September 15, 2007

Party Time

Thursday evening several of the EWO’s on the FOB went to a party on the other side of the FOB where there is a contingent of NATO folks and some Aussies. They are involved in training the Iraqi Army staff at there Military Academy / Staff College that is on the FOB but on the other side of the fence. I felt very adventurous going over to “the Iraqi side” even though it there are Coalition Forces who live there, including the Marine Master Sergeant who invited us.

The Hungarians were in charge of cooking. There was grilled meat and grilled cheese, onion, and tomato sandwiches. I would not have guessed that it was ethnic had I not know it was before hand. The rest of the party involved talking to the Americans that I knew from my side of the fence while the NATO people talked with the people they know. If that sounds anti-climactic I have been accurate.

No comments: