Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

One milestone toward going home has past (last haircut at Rusty today) and one is approaching. There is no conceivable way I will be home before my birthday, but even though I will be gone I have not been forgotten. I have received five birthday cards in the last three days. Some of these cards are from people who I would expect to remember my birthday – close family. And some are from people who I would not have expected - friends I haven’t seen in years and people from my church. In all cases, I am honored that people remember. Even more impressive is that the cards I have received are early – if I ever remembered to send a card to someone with unreliable mail I would end up using the unreliable mail as an excuse for sending the card late even though the reason would invariably be that I forgot. (One more benefit to marriage is that “my” cards are no longer late.) Thank you all.

No comments: