Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fall is Coming

We just got a TV with cable in our TOC, the battalions Tactical Operations Center. The Armed Forces Network plays football games not in real time, but continually. I think you could watch college football three days a week out here, and if you didn’t look at the scores ahead of time you could stay entertained. Oh the curse of constant connectivity and the internet, taking away the joy of football and cable by giving the scores in real time when cable is replaying! The first game I saw was Navy vs. Temple. I’m usually more of a naysayer when it comes to Navy athletics since I see them competing with academics, but being over here in the midst of the Army makes having a good Navy team a benefit. We won, and Army lost to Akron. There are lots of things I will present as arguments of the Navy’s superiority to the Army, but football isn’t one. Thank goodness Navy won though, because if Army had won and Navy lost I would hear about it all week. Instead, on this one issue, there has been blessed Army silence.

No comments: