Monday, September 3, 2007

New Shoes

I got the shoes delivered that I bought on line, a new pair of Asics 2120’s. At first I thought they were too big and didn’t fit, and then I measured them next to my current shoes which have worked quite nicely and they are exactly as big. Imagine: two pairs of shoes that are both the same size and mass produced by the same company turn out to fit the same. In a fit (note: pun) of pro-Navy feeling I bought the shoes that are blue and gold. Now I’m afraid to wear them outside because I know once they hit the moon dust outside they will turn an off-gray shade of brown like my current shoes. I’m currently debating whether to carry them to the gym or just save wearing them until I get home.

Such goes the excitement and newness of Iraq.

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Wow! You are on a roll! Two new pairs of shoes in two years?! So, do I have to get you to deploy every year in order to get you to buy new shoes?