Saturday, September 22, 2007

It Still Works

Yesterday we conducted our semi-annual verification of weapon function. – and once I brushed the dust off mine they still worked. We were each issued our five bullets for our pistol and five for our rifles. We all trooped out to the range and fired our five bullets and walked back. Some people decided they had to drive, but that is understandable since it is a five minute walk. There was a unity of opinion that Friday morning was the wrong day to schedule our five bullet shoot because that is the day of the big battalion meeting. Everyone ended up getting there on time, but breakfast was rushed (the things the troops in the warzone must endure!). The worst part was that I had to wear my sixty pound individual body armor which most “go outside the wire soldiers” wear every day. As I was putting it on it ripped the thumb drive out of my pocket by my lanyard and I lost it. At least it was my unclassified one.

No comments: