Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The rhythm

9 days in, and I have hit a routine. Sort of, my planned day involves getting up early and working out, but I did the horizontal, low-pulse workout this morning. I do not think I will be able to keep up the frenetic posting I have so far due to chronic monotony. Is frenetic even a word? Tim?? Brandon??

A guy got most of his finger cut off today by dropping a generator on it, which would have been interesting had the sew-up not been complete 20 minutes before I arrived at the clinic. You'd think they could have put a tourniquet on it and held out just a little longer, right?

Odd Army note: when outside you have to wear ballistic eye wear at all times, that way if you get hit by a mortar they will be able to find your eyes? I made up the last part, but the first is true. The last part is the best justification I can come up with. Why not helmets? Then they could save our whole head? If anyone even reads my posts and wants to send me anything, coffee would be the best bet. We have a grinder, but the good beans are running low.

1 comment:

spanks. said...

frenetic is indeed a word. the etymology is as follows: entered middle english from the old french frenetik or frenetique, which was itself derived from the latin phreneticus. originally appearing in greek as phrenitikos, it is a derivitive of phrenitis, an "inflammation of the brain" meaning "frantic with anger or frustration."

so, yeah, that's about right for you...