Monday, March 26, 2007

A day late

Sorry I didn't get anything written last night. There was a brief I had to go to that lasted until later than normal, so I just went to bed. Speaking of bed, today I got a piece of plywood to put under my mattress which should make a big improvement. The mattresses here are way too soft for my comfort.
Yesterday I went to the traditional protestant service. I am torn between the contemporary and traditional. The chaplain at the contemporary is actually a pretty good preacher, but it is nice to sing hymns, too. The traditional preacher was very fire and brimstone. That's okay, but the contemporary preacher is more expository. The whole hymn question could be moot since they use a Presbyterian hymnal. In addition to changing "ye chosen seed of Israel's race" to "ye seed of Israel's chosen race" in All Hail the Power, in And Can It Be they changed "And bled for Adam's helpless race" to "and bled for all the chosen race." Insidious. Well, that is yesterday's crisis in the war zone. Hymnals aside, we do have much to be thankful for here because we haven't been mortared since I got here.

No comments: