Saturday, March 17, 2007

No Tuesday for Me

Someone once said that in Iraq, every day is Tuesday. Same thing over and over. Kind of like Groundhog Day. But not today. Today was fingernail clipping day. It may be small, but you have to have something to differentiate. That is something.

My aunt Jean emailed me yesterday, and she and Tom read my blog. My mom and grandma do, too. I am really surprised by how many people say they read this thing. I sort of thought it would be an online diary so I wouldn't forget my year here (even if I want to), but it has turned into sort of a mass stream-of-consciousness email. It is touching that so many people remember me out here, and if me banging my thoughts out on a laptop for the world to see keeps people closer or helps you remember to pray for me and especially my fam, all the better. I think most people (no one reading this of course) say they'll pray and then don't. Even though it is considered rude in Christian circles, I try not to say I will, because then the next time I see the person I have to say a quick prayer so that I can truthfully tell them I've prayed for them. I know that completely betrays the intent, but I just forget. Anyway, if I say I'll pray for you, I usually am sincere but I love to have reminders. I guess that is a digression, but your prayers mean alot.

Speaking of completely forgetting, I completely forgot my Grandma's birthday yesterday. Sorry! Happy day after birthday Grandma. Before I read my mom's email telling me I had forgotten, I was was talking with a guy who said that he mail cards weeks late and then blames the mail from Iraq. Not me. I just forget. Not just here, but at home, too. That's why I got married - so that I have someone remind me of the important things. One more reason to miss my wife. Sigh!

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Oh sure, so next time we miss another birthday they can blame the wife! ;) It's okay- I love you anyways.