Saturday, March 24, 2007

Except for the dust

The weather here was June gloom, almost San Diego summer like today. Maybe it was 5 degrees warmer than SD, but that's the feeling I got. Saturdays are ever so slightly slower than weekdays even though everyone works the same amount. It's almost as if once a week people instinctively know they need a day off. Who would have thought.
Today I cleaned my room a bit. Mostly involved sweeping the carpet. It is a worn down indoor/outdoor carpet so using a broom is not quite as silly as it sounds, but I think most of the dust just went up in the air an came right back down.
So that's the highlight for today. We have been blessed with quiet at Rusty since I arrived. Maybe tomorrow will have something a little more exciting to write about, but hopefully not exciting like things can get in a war zone. While I'm here in Iraq, a chicken salad sandwich is all the excitement I need or want.

No comments: