Saturday, August 25, 2007

Someone Knows This Is A Big Week

I’m writing this on 11 August which is my anniversary. I just got off the phone with my lovely bride of six years. The irony that it her anniversary is on the same day as mine confirms that we are MFEO as they say in the shows. Here’s another bit of irony. Even though today is Saturday we had chapel tonight as tomorrow is yet another memorial service. (Audible sigh. Those really get old quickly.) So tonight we had church, and as I said, today is our anniversary. Irony of ironies, the text comes from 1 Corinthians 13 – the love chapter. And if that is not enough, as an illustration of the “when I was a child, I used to think as a child…” part of the passage, the chaplain describes how at a first birthday party it is cute when the kid dumps her face in the cake, but you would think something is wrong if a twelve year old did the same thing. So the love chapter on my anniversary, and the illustration of a first birthday on the week of Sarah’s first birthday. What are the odds of those two things being on a church service held on Saturday which also happens to be my anniversary? Spooky.

No comments: