Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Tomorrow

I will probably not have a post tomorrow. My boss three steps up the food chain is coming to visit, and while I would be willing just to say hi to him and go on my merry way, the other officer out here at Rusty is a shameless boot licker who thinks that this IA experience is his big chance to make the next rank. He has sent out a itinerary, going until 2100, which is detailed down to the level of who is responsible for making sure there are drinks at every location we might go and asking if one of us can find a vehicle with air conditioning. Just to let the boss know what it's really like out here, ya know? He also mentioned that, while no one is expected to have a presentation, the first room where we are meeting is capable of slide shows and any other multi-media event we might want to put on. Do you think he spent all day working on a little presentation?

So three hours of my day will be spent in an officers' call where I am one of two officers calling. I just don't like the small talk, and the big boss doesn't want to hear any questions that would require an answer above the level of small talk. I have learned to just hold my tongue during these things, but being half of the audience will make that hard. My ever humble opinion, but I think there are certain things you just shouldn't have to put up with in a war zone.