Monday, June 18, 2007

Close to Famous

Today in Stars and Stripes I found out that there is a singer named Leslie Feist who apparently is gaining in popularity among those who follow such things. I went to her website and found out that she is a Canadian folk-type singer who has been reviewed favorable in the Village Voice and other alternative newspapers. There are, as far as I know, two other times the name Feist is famous. There is a phone book company in Missouri and Western Oklahoma owned by Feists who do not share their obviously extreme wealth with the fam and there is a Ray Feist who is a famous science fiction author. My grandfather's name was Ray F. Feist, but this guy is Ray E. Feist.

I find it ironic, and so would anyone else who knows many Feists, that we share our name with science fiction writers and folk singers. So not us. Everyone who knows me knows better than to even ask if we're related. Obviously that branch of the family tree split off long, long ago

No comments: