Friday, July 27, 2007

A bright, sunshiny day

Today was a not so bad day, even a nice day when normalized for location and temperature. I'm not just saying that because I had lobster and shrimp for dinner. I did skip the steak because the last few times it has had an unsteak-like, almost mealy texture. I'm not saying it was a good day because our weekly three hour, Geneva-convention-banned-due-to-it's-torture-like-qualities Battalion Update Brief was canceled. No, today was a nice day because I woke up this morning with Christmas music running through my head. Must because the new set of sheets I got that are Christmas tree green. Or maybe not. Really have absolutely zero idea where it came from since this Rustamiyah is not normally considered festive or snowy. Nonetheless, it's hard to have a bad day when you have Joy to the World going through your head. Even in the middle of summer. Try to prove me wrong. It's just like the one Lay's potato chip challenge. Of course the hard part is thinking of Christmas music in 115F weather. I don't see it happening often, because if we had Christmas every day it wouldn't be special anymore, would it now? That's what my mom used to say anyway. But once a summer won't ruin it, I hope.

No comments: